Project: NESS KE
Technologies: Scala, SQL, React
About our client:
Do you get excited when hearing about trademarks and brand protection news? YES?! So do we! There’s no pushing trademark solutions and brand protection from our thoughts. We’re thinking about coined trademarks in the car, a detailed design search over lunch, counterfeits while sitting with the in-laws, and anti-piracy while working out.
We are a mission-led company, driven by a passion for making the world better and safer for our brand customers and their consumers. It’s what we do. And people come to us to be challenged, developed, supported, and valued.
Our team provides intelligent web-based trademark management platforms used by enterprise companies, law firms and branding agencies for instant trademark search results and risk assessment.
At its core is a unique artificial intelligence model of trademark law based on both explicit and intricate domain models of the law. Manually created by experts in trademark law and linguistics, our cutting-edge system also utilizes state-of-the-art machine-learning techniques to produce models that seamlessly take real-world complexities into account.
We are looking for both junior and senior backend Scala developers to join our world-class team of no-problem-left-unsolved engineers. Here you can also grow to become a full-stacker with gentle support from our experienced UI development team.
What we do and how?
- Our core Scala framework consists of http4s and Slick which are used to build microservices providing REST APIs to the front-end layer
- Front-end layer is implemented with React and TypeScript
- We have a lot raw trademark data (tens of terabytes) which is further refined and aggregated with our in-house built data pipelines
- Our master data is in Postgresql and searching happens mostly in an Elastic Search cluster
- Everything runs in Linux and we are just moving into a CD based AWS setup to make deployment easy and your life focused on coding
Your everyday life will consists if implementing new backend APIs to the search platform, doing peer reviews and discussing about design decisions. Our culture aims to keep meetings in minimum and hence we are currently following Kanban style process.
Location: Kosice / Zilina / remote
Requirements and Tech Stack
Must-have skills & requirements
- Scala backend development or willingness to go all-in with Scala from Java or such, backend experience of 2-5 years is a good start
- Understanding good software architecture and coding standards, how to make maintainable code
- Eager to learn new things and always ready to help your colleagues
- Getting-stuff-done attitude
We appreciate especially the following experience / skills
- Ability to design and implement scalable systems
- Familiar with SQL (PostgreSQL) or Elastic Search
- Skills with React/Typescript
- English – Upper intermediate (B2)
Candidates with education suit the position
- Secondary with school-leaving examination
- Follow-up/Higher Professional Education
- University education (Bachelor’s degree)
- University education (Master’s degree)
- Postgraduate (Doctorate)
Employees perks and benefits
• Flexible working hours
• Home Office
• Extra Vacation days
• Holiday/homeoffice bonus
• Relax rooms
• Multisport card
• Technical courses, Certifications
• Worldwide IT Conferences
• Commercial partners discounts
• Ness Summer club – full-day summer program for children of our employees
• Referral Program – to refer new employee
• High-standard working conditions
• Geeky Fridays